Friday, March 26, 2010

Two Unexpected Encounters

Friday morning, 19/3/2010:
I accidentally met one of the two imam of Masjid Universiti, UBD, shopping with his family at Tamu Kianggeh, Bandar Seri Begawan, while jalan-jalan and window shopping with my friends. He and I only 'angkat tangan' with each other and smiled. :)

And then, one week later...

Friday afternoon, 26/3/2010:
I met this imam again masa my cousin bertunang di Jalan Kebangsaan. We talked a little though. I was like, what!? I didn't expect to meet him tadi atu, hehe...

And masa Maghrib, babah and I solat Maghrib at Masjid Universiti, UBD. And masa abis solat, I approached him to shake hands. And guess what, he was shocked to see me. His face expression masa jumpa aku lagi atu still fresh in my mind, hehe...

Brunei is indeed small! I mean, really small! xD

Okay guys, let's return back to the day of Friday, 19th March 2010, masa khutbah Juma'at di Masjid Universiti UBD. This imam baca khutbah and salah satunya adalah ayat ani:

"Dan mereka menjerit-jerit di dalam Neraka itu (sambil merayu): Wahai Tuhan kami, keluarkanlah kami (dari azab ini), kami akan mengerjakan amal-amal yang soleh, yang lain dari apa yang kami pernah kerjakan..." - Surah Faathir, ayat 37

He cried while reading this ayat, and during the explanation of this ayat. In front of the jamaa'ah of Masjid Universiti yang solat Juma'at. Masatu, panuh dalam Masjid Universiti. Hmmm lebih sunyi jadinya suasana masatu because of this event and some people started to cry also. There was macam a 'big soft cry' in the masjid masatu. It's really hard for me to explain. *bow down and ask for forgiveness* Alhamdulillaah, suasana yang menginsafkan that I could feel masatu. And this continued even until masa solat. For me, that was a rare situation to be seen and felt in Brunei's solat Juma'at.

An exclusive reminder to me, and to you all!

No comments: