Monday, March 22, 2010

Another Tick in the List: Part 2

*Continued from the previous post*

I donated blood for the second time on Tuesday, 30th January 2007, at the Dewan Asrama Lelaki (DAL), UBD, since there was a blood donation campaign there.

After that, there was a big gap of time frame or ‘rest’ of more than one year between my second and third donations, which was on Wednesday kali tu, 5th March 2008.

Why? It was because I always waited and waited for the next donating campaign at UBD. And I tend to miss the next campaigns because of many unexpected reasons. In between this gap, I felt the urge or the desire of wanting to donate more and more selagi ku mampu and dapat. I remembered one of the main reasons I donated at that time was because of I tend to be ‘karit’ or kedekut in term of donating money (astaghfirullaah). Donating blood doesn’t involve money, ya?

And thus, in 2008, alhamdulillaah, Allah gave me the idea. I was like, “Hey, why not I go to the Pusat Pendermaan Derma at the hospital instead of waiting for the next blood donation campaign in UBD? I asked Abu (thanks bro!) of the exact location of the place and I went there on 5th March 2008. At that time, my desire to donate atu tahap tinggi dah sal lama dah inda donate and contribute something.

At that time, I finished watching the inspirational Japanese drama, Ichi Rittoru no Namida (One Litre of Tears or A Diary of Tears), which was based on a true story. I still remembered one of Aya’s words (the heroine of the drama), “I want to be useful to others.” That seven meaningful words alone have a powerful impact on me, even until nowadays.

Talking about this drama, ada kawan dakatku sorang ani, ia jogging tarus lapas abis liat drama ani sal he was really sad of the drama’s ending. As for me, I was really, and really stressed (and I really mean it) meliat episode yang part adinya malu sal ada kaka yg cacat macam the heroine atu. Rasa kan ku tumbuk-tumbuk bah adinya atu masa atu. Hmmm anyway…

After that, inspired by Ichi Rittoru no Namida, I made a wish (macam BIBD Wish bunyinya ahh) that I need to donate ten times before I graduate. I also want to be useful and useful to others. :)

Then…

*To be continued* :)

No comments: