Monday, March 22, 2010

Another Tick in the List

Bismillaah…

Alhamdulillaah, I finally completed one of my wishes:
"To donate blood ten times before I (insya-Allah) graduate"

I declared this about two years ago, somewhere in the year 2008. The first time I donated blood was on Thursday morning, 3rd August 2006, during the fourth and the final day of UBD Orientation for the 2006/2007 session.

Masatu kami tiga (Abu Zar, Zawawi and I) malas kan ikut jogathon. We only jogged until we reached the Chancellor Hall, and then we entered it to donate since there was a blood donating campaign masatu at the same time.

The one who wanted to donate in the first place was Zawawi. And then, Abu made a decision to donate too. And finally, I decided to donate too.

My reasons at that time? You might not believe these:
1) Because I watched episode 3 of Nobuta wo Produce. In short, the episode tells something that we need to contribute something to the society. I still remembered the peaceful scene between Nobuta and Akira in this episode, and… *okay, okay, next reason, please*
2) Aku ani malas and jarang bersukan or kaki bangku (and still am), except for swimming (atu pun jarang jua masani pasal nada masa and so on). Thus, I have reasons when people asked of why I did not join the jogathon. And so on.

Alhamdulillaah, after donating blood for the first time, I felt something. I felt I did something important to the society. And that feeling was priceless. Priceless. Only Allah knew how I felt at that time. That ‘peaceful’ feeling… I really missed it.

Then, somewhere at the end of January the next year in 2007…

*To be continued* ;)

No comments: