Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Feel Happy Too!

“YES, FORM SIX!”

That was the shout of a woman after the O Level examination result was released patang tadi. At that time, aku masatu marking classwork which I gave to my 30 students during the periods eight and nine classes. You know what, hearing that shout somehow made me happy. Really happy. Even though I’m not her teacher. And I didn’t even see her face.

“Cikgu Nasda, dangar kita tadi?” I was referring to the shout outside our staffroom at the administration area. At the staffroom, there were only the two of us left. The rest of the teachers already went home.

“Apa?” What, she didn’t hear it? I guess she was really concentrating on finishing her marking.

“Ada perempuan ni ia terais (shout),’YES, FORM SIX!’ Artinya ia dapat form six jua tu…“

And guess what? She laughed happily. It seemed that she was happy too hearing that.

And about 2:40 PM, I finished my marking and I left the school.

And, there are still many markings that need to be done (one classwork and one topical test),

52 students that I have to care for my Teaching Practice (some of my friends that I know have to care for more than this number).

Four classworks and two homeworks that need to be made every week (and marked and checked and recorded after that).

Seven lesson plans per week that need to be submitted on early Monday morning to be checked by the two HOD teachers (compared to UBD: about 2-3 lesson plans per semester).

And, many more.

Wow, alhamdulillaah…

Anyway, many congratulations to the people who got their O Level results!

Remember that no matter what happens, it’s your effort (than the result) that counts MORE in the eyes of Allah! :)

No comments: